- Authorized by the Supreme Court of Justice to practice as an attorney and a notary public.
- Completed courses of legal English at University of Tulane, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Law degree from the Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado, San Salvador, El Salvador.
Krissia is a bilingual attorney and notary public with a corporate approach and more than twenty years of experience in providing corporate legal counsel to local and foreign companies as they conduct their businesses in El Salvador; civil and mercantile legal advice with emphasis in mergers and acquisitions; legal schemes and regional legal structures and corporate governance of companies; international contracts; project finance and energy projects.
Krissia has led and coordinated legal teams in various jurisdictions and has advised multinational companies, as well as local and foreign entities in mergers and acquisitions transactions involving companies with operations in North, Central, and South America, including entities operating in the retail, hotels, banking, finance, telecommunications, and industrial sectors.
She has advised multilateral financial organizations as well as a US Government Development Financial Agency in the financing of renewable energy projects in El Salvador, providing legal counsel related to corporate and regulatory aspects.
Krissia has advised major business groups with operations in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean in different aspects of their businesses with an emphasis on real estate (commercial, hotels, and offices), international franchise agreements for hotels and distribution of automobiles, regulatory matters and acquisition and sale of businesses and operations.
She has advised in the mergers and acquisitions of two major banks in El Salvador, providing corporate and regulatory counsel.
- Senior Legal counsel to a US Government Development Financial Agency, in the project finance of a photovoltaic power generation project to be developed in eight plants with a total capacity of 22.6 MW.
- Counsel to EPC Contractor and O&M Contractor in a 6,384 kWp photovoltaic plant.
Counsel to Senior Lenders in the Project Finance of a 79.80MW photovoltaic project.
Counsel for the preparation of a regulatory framework review for clean energies to be presented to a multilateral organization.
- Counsel to the evaluation committee of the tender offers in the international tender of 350 MW of power and associated energy to be installed with wind and solar technology, carried out by the distributors of electricity in El Salvador.
- Counsel to the evaluation committee of the tender offers in the international tender of the supply of 100 MW of power to be installed with wind and solar technology, carried out by the distributors of electricity in El Salvador.
- Legal advice to the Road Conservation Fund of El Salvador (FOVIAL) in the study for the financial sustainability of FOVIAL, as a requirement for future funds granted by FOMILENIO (program which is funded by the Millenium Challenge Corporation and the government of El Salvador to improve the investment climate of the country).
- Legal advice to a German chemical and pharmaceutical company in the sale of its household division in El Salvador.
- Legal advice to a Salvadoran chain of department stores in the acquisition of the operations of furniture and electronic goods chain of stores in the Central American region and in all the legal matters related to such acquisition.
- Legal advice to a Salvadoran chain of department stores in the acquisition of the operations of the biggest retailer of furniture and electronic goods in the Caribbean, coordinating 11 jurisdictions in the Caribbean, including Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados & Belize.
- Legal counsel to the biggest manufacturing company of beer, non-alcoholic beverages and purified water in El Salvador, including, all the legal advice on the sale of the beer; water and juice, and carbonated beverages businesses to a new local holding company, and all the legal aspects related to the merger and integration process.
- Participated in the legal team which provided legal advice to two banks in regulatory and corporate aspects in the merger and integration process of financial conglomerates in El Salvador.
- Legal advice on aeronautical law to finance companies related to aircraft leases to an airline company.
Krissia has made the following publications:
- International Financial Law Review (IFLR). October 2006. Author of the El Salvador chapter on corporate governance: appointment, removal, duties and liabilities of the directors of a company. Shareholders’ rights and duties. Rights of minority shareholders.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Tax 2009. Co-author of the chapter corresponding to El Salvador related to the corporate tax guide for 2009.